Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Lisbon, New Hampshire

From Manchester’s TheWMURChannel.com of December 13, 2005
Homeowner Drags Intruder From Son's Room

Man Accused Of Driving Drunk, Breaking Into Home

An intruder picked the wrong house to break into in Lisbon on Saturday and ended up being dragged down a flight of stairs and pinned to the floor by the homeowner.

Police said that Wayne Eathorne's truck skidded off the road in Lisbon, but instead of calling 911 for help, he broke into a nearby house. That's where he met up with two retired corrections officers who took matters into their own hands.

Mike Tobin said that he came from a hunting trip with his friend, Paul Aldrich, and heard strange noises from upstairs.

"I thought it was my son fooling around, but as I got closer, I realized it wasn't his voice," Tobin said. "I entered his room, his mattress is off the bed and the room is trashed."

Tobin said that he saw Eathorne on the floor.

"He had his socks, long johns and a sweater on," Tobin said. "That's how I found him -- lying on his back, bellowing."

Tobin said that Eathorne threatened him.

"That's when I pulled my weapon and I said, 'No, you're not doing nothing! You're getting out of my house,'" Tobin said. "He reached for my gun, and I pulled it back, punched him, grabbed his shirt and started running."

Tobin dragged Eathorne halfway down a spiral staircase before Eathorne grabbed onto a railing. Tobin said he went to the door to get Aldrich's help, and Eathorne went back upstairs.

Tobin said that Eathorne went back downstairs after Tobin threatened to shoot, and Aldrich was waiting at the bottom.

"As he came down, (Aldrich) picked him up and threw him," Tobin said. "He landed in the sink area."

Tobin then called police. Nothing was taken from the home, and the only damage was a broken window.

"I'm not a person who wants to hurt anybody, but I'll do whatever it takes to protect my family," Tobin said.

Eathorne was charged with driving while intoxicated, attempted burglary and criminal threatening. He was released on bail and ordered to stay away from Tobin's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment