Friday, December 5, 2003

Jacksonville, Florida



From Jacksonville.com of December 4, 2003



Cab Driver Shoots at CarJacker



A Citicab driver was carjacked Thursday after a passenger he picked up pulled a gun on him.



It wasn't just another fare. "I heard a click. I knew it was a robbery," said Citi Cab driver Corey Sprigss.



Spriggs had just picked up a man but he was told to drive down another street. Once there, the man pulled a gun and ordered Spriggs out of the car.



"He said I don't want your money. So I got my money. Got my bag. Got my gun," said the 26-year-old.



A few seconds later Spriggs fired two shots at the suspect as he drove away in his cab. The car, with its back window shattered, was found abandoned on Oriole Street. Police were still looking for the carjacker.



"I hope they find him soon," Sprigss told First Coast News. "I don't want him to do this to another cab driver."

No comments:

Post a Comment