Saturday, January 27, 2007

Omaha, Nebraska

From January 26, 2007 KETV channel 7:
OMAHA, Neb. -- An Omaha man said his instincts took over when he saw four people trying to knock down his door early Thursday morning.

Jon Cowdin said he heard someone trying to break in and when he went to the door, he said he encountered a group of burglars.

"He tried shoving in a gun at me through the door, and I took the gun out of his hands before he got the chance to fully point it at me," Cowdin said.

The Douglas County Sheriff's Office said it was called to the area of 103rd and Ida streets for shots fired at the Park Meadows Estates mobile home park.

Cowdin said he felt the adrenaline pumping and fought back, shooting through the door with the crooks' gun.

"I turned the shotgun back around, and I shot him in the head, unfortunately. I wish I would have missed him and they would've run, but I hit one," Cowdin said. "I hope he's OK, but he shouldn't have been doing what he was doing."

Blocks away, deputies stopped the four people. A 16-year-old in the car had been grazed in the head by a gunshot. He was treated and released at Creighton University Medical Center then was taken into police custody, deputies said.

Also arrested were Jacobee Knave, 21, and Jerrett Jackson, 18, and another unnamed juvenile.

Cowdin said he doesn't know who the suspects are or what they were after.

No comments:

Post a Comment