Thursday, November 30, 2006

Huntsville, Alabama

From Huntsville’s WAAYtv.com of November 30, 2006
Local Lawmaker Defends Drawing Gun in Parking Lot

Huntsville City Councilman Glenn Watson is no stranger to controversy. Recently, during a confrontation at a local parking lot, Watson says he pulled a pistol on a man who he says was threatening him. It all happened about two weekends ago when Watson, his ex-wife and his 5 month old granddaughter were loading the car after shopping.

Watson says a man became irrate because Watson's car door was blocking a parking space. The two exchanged words, tempers flared, and Watson says the man threatened to attack.

Speaking with WAAY 31's Violet Parker, Watson described the incident. "This guy is 35 years old, I'm 66. He out weighs me 40 pounds. I'm not going to take him on man to man. In my younger days I would have." So what happened next? "I pulled out my pistol and said 'Back off.' When he saw my gun, he backed off. When I saw that, I put the gun away. As far as I was concerned, the incident was over."

Huntsville police investigated the incident and since Watson has a permit to carry the gun, there was a threat of imminent danger, no charges were filed.

No comments:

Post a Comment