Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Texas: Homeowner Shoots Intruder Attempting to Break In

Lubbock, Texas

From KCBD of November 24, 2008
Homeowner Shoots Intruder Attempting to Break In

A homeowner got a surprise wakeup call Monday. Gabriel Guzman was in his 59th Street home Monday morning, when he was startled by his doorbell continuously ringing. "They kept ringing the doorbell and it kind of worried me some so I kind of glanced out the window and I didn't see anything," said Guzman.

Guzman kept peering out his windows, and that's when he saw 18-year-old Adrian Hardaway walk towards his backyard. Out of fear Guzman grabbed his gun. "I opened up the door and yelled at him and I just told him to get away. I looked and he was pointing his gun at me and I had mine and I warned him to get away. I looked again and that's when he had his gun and I thought he was going to shoot me - so I shot him," said Guzman.

Guzman backed the suspect up into his backyard, once he shot him, the suspect feel over and Guzman warned the suspect several times to toss the gun away. Once he finally tossed it aside, then he called the police.

Guzman says he doesn't regret his decision. "When it actually happens, you don't know what you are going to do. I didn't intend to look and have a gun pointed back at me. I just did what I thought was right at the time and that's about it," said Guzman.

Lubbock police say they believe the suspect was responsible for two other burglaries in the neighborhood before he was shot. The suspect was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

No comments:

Post a Comment