Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Mom Uses Intruder's Gun To Drive Home Invader Away

San Antonio, Texas

From January 29, 2008 My San Antonio:
A North Side mother fought off an armed intruder inside her apartment early Tuesday morning.

"I was telling him, 'Please do not kill me in front of my baby,' " said the 24-year-old victim, who does not want to be identified.

According to police, a masked man broke in through a downstairs window in an apartment complex in the 8000 block of Bentley. Then, he made his way through the victim's home.

"I thought I heard somebody trying to open up my door," the victim said. "I jumped up, looked in my hallway, and I didn't see anybody."

A short time later, the armed intruder started kicking in the woman's bedroom door. The woman tried to knock out her bedroom window to scream for help and call 9-1-1 at the same time. But the man made it into the room with her and her 2-year-old son.

"I was crying just telling him not to kill me, that I would do anything he wanted me to do," the woman recounts.

The mother says she hit him with a lamp, bit his hand, and even tried to shoot him with his own gun, but the weapon would not go off. The suspect ran out the room, giving her a chance to call the police after she barricaded herself in with a dresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment