Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Summit County, Ohio

From Cleveland’s WKYC.com of March 7, 2006
Intruders enter home; grandma greets them with loaded gun

A local great-grandmother faced danger head on as intruders entered her home. But as they quickly discovered - she could hold her own.

Eleanor Lynn, 75, said she keeps her .380 handgun loaded and nearby at all times.

"I already had the gun out," she said. "Somebody was breaking into my house so I took the gun out and went to the door. They flew."

That's why she was ready when the suspects entered her west Akron home Monday morning.

She'd been robbed before and wasn't about to let it happen again.

"All I got to do is hold this trigger and it goes six times without stopping," Lynn explained. "I just bought this one and this one has never been used I'd like to have a chance to use it."

Lynn's neighbor quickly called police who arrested the suspects, ages 15 and 17, in nearby yards.

(Great photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment