Sunday, February 26, 2006

Fresno, California

From February 8, 2006 KFSN channel 30:
February 8, 2006 - An alert neighbor helped stop a burglary at a Northwest Fresno home on Wednesday.
The man grabbed his shotgun and confronted four thieves who were stealing from his neighbor's home on Flint Way, near State Avenue.

Charlie Martinez says he just did what any good neighbor should and stepped up when he thought someone was in danger.

He says he saw a suspicious car backing into his neighbors driveway Wednesday morning, "I was concerned about my neighbor. She's alone there and there's four Hispanic guys and I just thought maybe they might try to rape her as well as burglarize the home."

He made his next move quickly, "I ran into my bedroom. I got my shotgun and I loaded it."

That's when he went over to the home and confronted the thieves, "I ran out to the front and I told them to get down several times, yelled at them."

He said what happened next, "The driver pulled out and almost hit me and I backed up and fired a shot at him and as he went away, I fired another shot at him and I think I hit his tail light."

No comments:

Post a Comment