Saturday, January 21, 2006

Wichita, Kansas

From January 17, 2006 KAKE channel 10:
Mason just got home from work.

He pulled into the garage, got out of his truck and headed to the door to go inside and meet his wife.

"I started to step up to the first step, somebody said mother "bleep" and they hit me in the back of the head with a pipe."

The victim's wife, Debi Georgiou Mason, says, "Don was face down on the floor with blood."

She says the three men all had handguns, masks, and were dressed all in black.

Debi tried to pull her injured husband into the house, but he was too heavy.

She ran down the street to get help.

In the meantime, Don Mason, trained in martial arts, wasn't about to let his attackers in his house.

"I rolled in under him and knocked him in the crotch and knocked him in the air four foot backwards."

Mason managed to knock all three to the ground.

Then he yelled to his wife to get the shotgun.

That's when the three attackers took off.

Mason says, "I hate to say it, but if my wife had handed me the gun I would have shot them to death."

No comments:

Post a Comment