Saturday, August 6, 2005

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

From the July 30, 2005 Harrisburg Patriot-News:
Eric Webb was sitting at his computer in his Green Street home Wednesday night reading an Internet story about Chelsea Clinton when he heard footsteps downstairs.

Within minutes, he and several neighbors would be chasing the source of those footsteps down the street.

"As soon as I figured out that it wasn't my roommate, I immediately grabbed my pistol, cocked it and drew a bead on him," Webb said.

Webb aimed his .40-caliber Walther P99 at the chest of a man standing in the hallway outside of his upstairs bedroom, holding what looked like a knife.

Webb's roommate, Will Danowski, lay asleep downstairs on the couch, unaware of the drama playing itself out a floor above his head.

Webb yelled to Danowski, who promptly woke up and dialed 911.

Moving closer, Webb kicked the intruder part way down the stairs, causing the man, who claimed he wasn't "doing anything," to lose his shoes.

"Can I at least have my shoes back?" Webb said the man asked him.

"No, dude. I'm going to shoot you. Get out of my house," Webb said to the intruder.

The man went out the door, leaving behind his shoes, a bottle of rum, some change he had gathered and Webb with his gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment