Friday, April 22, 2005

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

From Oklahoma City‘s ChannelOklahoma.com of April 21, 2005
Teen Shot During Alleged Burglary Attempt

Second Teen Arrested; Police Still Looking For Man Who Fired Shots

Police said a teenage boy was shot Thursday when he and another teenager allegedly invaded a home.

Officers said the alleged burglary attempt happened at 1425 N.W. 105th St. on Thursday morning. According to police, the wounded suspect and his accomplice forced their way into the home but were fought off by a man inside, who fired shots at both teenagers.

Officers said the teenagers tried to break into the home for the second time in 10 days. The second teenager fled the scene but was eventually arrested on Thursday afternoon.

The suspects' names have not been released.

Homeowner LaSautee Nichols said she arrived home to find numerous police cars parked in front of her yard.

"I've never had a problem in this neighborhood before," Nichols said. "I've been here almost three years, and I've never had this kind of problem before. It's just shocking they tried it again."

Nichols said she was scared by the first break-in attempt and had asked two friends to watch the house while she was at work.

"I have an alarm, it's been set ... but I was just wanting to take extra precautions because I don't have any dogs or anything like that," she said. "So I've been having someone stay here while I'm at work, until I get home, and then they leave or whatever."

The person who shot the suspect could not be located on Thursday afternoon, police said. Nichols and a second man who was inside the home at the time of the shooting were cooperating with police.

(More)

No comments:

Post a Comment