Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Bozrah, Connecticut

From New Haven’s WTNH.com of March 1, 2005
Senior foils robbery in his own home



75-year-old James Dunn has quite a story to tell.

"Turn the porch light on and all I could see was one person."

On Sunday night Dunn says a man came to his door and asked to use his phone because his car broke down but once inside, the man never dialed the phone, he just stood there with the phone to his ear and his hand at his side.

"Yep I said it a little bit different word a little bit louder, 'what the hell do you have in your right hand?'

That is when a second man came to the door. Both had knives.

"When he came around toward me he has a knife like this. Then I took and hold the right hand, I just got him right down like that. That's just what he did he went over like that of course. He was trying to pull. I could see that I was stronger."

Dunn then turned to his wife.

He told his wife, "Mary, run upstairs run up and tell David to come down with the gun."

That sent the men running before this great-grandfather could finish his move.

"I had my knee coming up when he pulled back and more or less lost my balance. I had to let go of him he just turned right around and shot out the door."

No comments:

Post a Comment