Wednesday, October 6, 2004

Cincinnati, Ohio



From Cincinnati’s WCPO.com of October 6, 2004

Store Owner Shoots Back At Suspects In Bond Hill Robbery



Cincinnati police are investigating an old fashioned shootout at a bond hill gas station.



The store owner said that over his dead body would any robber be getting away with his hard earned cash.





Saper Ayad says he's always prepared and waiting for a robber to walk in with a gun, and last night at the Sunoco on Seymour and Langdon Farm road his preparedness was put to the test.



"It is dangerous, but you know, you got no feeling no more," said Ayad, a co-owner at the gas station.



Ayad says around 11:30 p.m. Monday night he noticed on surveillance video from his back office that a robber was holding his clerk up with a gun, so Ayad grabbed his gun.



"When he shot at me it made me more mad," said Ayad. "If he did it again I would do it again but I hope it's not going to happen again."

….



When Ayad comes out from the back the suspect fires -- and from behind the counter Ayad fires back.



"He tried to run out the door," said Ayad. "I chased him with a gun shooting at him as he ran."



Ayad's partner says there should be a bullet hole in the suspect's car.



There's a hole where Ayad fired and missed inside the store.



"I don't like to shoot," said Ayad. "I don't like to carry guns, but sometimes you have, I feel, I got no choice."



No one was injured but one of the store's co-owners says he's becoming very frustrated.


No comments:

Post a Comment