Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ohio: Man Fires Shots At Intruders, Thwarts Home Robbery

Columbus, Ohio

From WBNS of December 11, 2008
Man Fires Shots At Intruders, Thwarts Home Robbery

A man thwarted a home robbery on Thursday morning when he fired gunshots at two armed men who had forced their way into his home.

Three adults and three children were inside the home on Azelda Avenue when the men barged in at about 2:30 a.m., 10TV's Tino Ramos reported.

Josh Fields said he was awakened when one of the men put a gun to his head.

"My life flashed before my eyes," Fields said.

Cassey Fields was also sleeping when the men broke down the home's front door, stormed inside and pointed a gun at her. Moments later, she said she heard gunshots.

"I heard two gunshots and I didn't hear Josh or my dad anymore, so I thought they got my dad," Cassey Fields said.

The gunshots were fired by her father. After hearing the men break into the home, Ken Fields grabbed his own gun and confronted the two men.

"The first one who was at the door turned around to go out and I fired a shot at him," said Ken Fields.

After being shot at, both men fled from the home. Police arrived a short time later but did not find the men, Ramos reported.

The Fields family said it was the second time in two weeks that someone has tried to break into their home.

No comments:

Post a Comment