Thursday, December 11, 2008

Florida: Pizza Man Attacked, Shoots At Attempted Robbers

Brevard County, Florida

From WFTV of December 8, 2008
Pizza Man Attacked, Shoots At Attempted Robbers

Titusville Police were searching for a group of robbers who attacked a Dominos Pizza delivery man late Saturday night. The attackers hit Jerry Johnson in the face with a brick, but he scared them off when he pulled out a gun and started shooting.

Johnson said he normally leaves his gun in the car, but when he pulled up to the home on Parkland Street, he knew something was wrong.

"When I pulled up I noticed it was dark. I've been doing this for ten years and this looked fishy so I put my gun in me," he said.

Police dogs searched the area, but didn't find the suspects. A Dominos Pizza manager told Eyewitness News that it's against company policy for employees to carry firearms and doesn't know if Johnson will get in trouble for defending himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment