Thursday, June 29, 2006

Clarksburg, West Virginia

From Wheeling‘s WTRF.com of June 29, 2006
Robbery Victim Shoots at Suspect

The owner of a Clarksburg antique store tells 12 News how a man entered his store and robbed him. The owner says he chased the suspect outside, firing two shots.

A manhunt was launched for the man who tried to rob the West End Antique Store on the 900 block of Pike Street in Clarksburg.

The store's owner, Roger Hardy, says he chased the suspect and fired two shots at him as he ran.

Everything started just around 2 o'clock Thursday afternoon. Hardy says a man with his head and face covered came inside and showed his gun. Three other customers were in the store at the time.

"He told me to get on the floor and give him the money and I thought it was a joke and it took me a couple of seconds," Hardy says. "He kept repeating that, using vulgarity. Then he come behind the counter and hit me with the gun as I was getting down on the floor

Afterwards, he called 9-1-1 and then followed the suspect with a gun of his own, firing two shots at the getaway truck.

"I picked up my gun too, I don't want to shoot nobody, but I walked up beside their truck and I couldn't stop the truck. So, I just shot the window out of the truck then as they passed my store, I shot again."

Police then fanned out across the the west end of Clarksburg. Eventually, the alleged getaway truck was located at the old Anchor Hoching plant. There they took a woman into custody. She's belived to have been in the getaway truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment