Thursday, July 21, 2005

Seguin, Texas

From June 29, 2005 WOAI:
A Seguin mother home alone with her two young children was terrorized by a burglar for several hours until she fought back.

Jennifer Cooper told News 4 WOAI the break-in happened shortly after she had finished watching a Spurs game and turned off the lights to go to bed. She heard her house alarm.

“It wasn't my husband because there's no way he'd leave the Spurs game early,” Cooper said. She thought she heard an intruder.

“I got up as quickly as I could, locked my door and then someone was pounding, trying to get in,” Cooper said.

Cooper had her two young sons with her.

“I just told the boys, ‘I'm going to get the gun. Hopefully, he's going to leave or I'll have to shoot him,’” Cooper said.

Cooper and her children hid in a bedroom while the intruder roamed through her house for more than two hours. That was when she had enough.

“I was not able to talk him away, so I just shot the gun,” Cooper said. “I warned him.”

Cooper had never fired a gun before and was not ready for the recoil. The bullet went through the door and landed in the ceiling. The intruder finally left.

No comments:

Post a Comment