Saturday, January 23, 2016

St. Louis, MO

From 1/18/16 KDSK:
The hunt is on for a robber that started a gun battle in a St. Louis Grocery store.

Sone Maniphonh is one 63 year old you don't want to mess with.

When her business, and her husband were threatened by a gunman, she sprang into action to protect them and nearly paid with her life.

You don't stay in business for 25 years without protecting what's yours.

On Jan. 4, Maniphonh had to prove it, while staring down the barrel of a gun held by this man.

“He walked in, and he wanted a 20 cent candy. I put right here, and he put gun on me. He point at me. After that he turn gun to my husband,” said Maniphonh.

As Maniphonh watched her husband struggle with the robber she grabbed her own gun.She never fired at the robber, fearful she would hit her own husband.

“I stand right here. He shoot one, two, three, four over there. I run follow him to go outside. I only try to protect myself, i don't know how to [be] scared,” said Maniphonh.

Maniphonh says she's had that gun under her register for more than 20 years, but she's never had a reason to use it before.

“Sometimes I cry at home, I say, 'Why they have to do it with us. I don't make too much money'. Business is slow,” said Maniphonh.

No comments:

Post a Comment