Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Mother Scares Off Child Molester

Coral Gables, Florida

From June 10, 2008 NBC channel 6:
A woman said she used a gun to scare away a man who was trying to lure her teenage daughter into a truck.

The mother, who did not wish to be identified, said the man approached her 16-year-old daughter on Alhambra Circle near their home.

“She was walking her dog in the median right out in front of our house here, and a man approached her in a truck and tried to get her to come to the truck,” the woman said.

The teenager ran to nearby Coral Gables Elementary School, calling her mother and 911. The mother confronted the man and showed him her 9-mm gun.

“It’s not until I showed him that I was armed and that I meant business to protect my daughter that he backed off,” she said.

Coral Gables police arrested Ramon del Risco in connection with the incident.

The mother said her gun made the difference in the situation.

“I’m licensed. I shoot almost every week,” she said.The woman said she recommends a day at the shooting range for every parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment