Thursday, February 15, 2007

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

From Philadelphia’sCBS3.com of February 14, 2007
Jewelry Store Owner Shoots Robbery Suspects

Two wounded robbery suspects are in the hospital after a frightening jewelry store shooting Wednesday night.

Gunfire erupted at Diamond Heart Jewelers located at 4th and South Streets.

Police said three suspects went inside and pulled out guns.

During the holdup an employee, who did not want to be identified, returned with dinner and walked into the middle of the robbery.

"My boss said, 'it's a stick-up, it's a stick-up,' and I wanna run but my legs were so frozen I can't move and I closed the store, the guys looks at me and when he turned around I saw the izzu (sic) coming out of his jacket and I just left the store, as soon I passed the store, I heard the shot," said the employee.

Police said the store owner shot two of the suspects but all three escaped with cash and jewelry.

Later on, police found the two wounded men inside a car in North Philadelphia.

Police said the third suspect was able to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment