Friday, November 17, 2006

Kansas City, Missouri

From the TheKansasCityChannel.com of November 16, 2006
East-Side Homeowner Fires At Intruder

No One Injured

An east-side homeowner is keeping his rifle handy to scare away a persistent robber, KMBC's Jim Flink reported Thursday.

The 68-year-old veteran, who didn't want to be identified, said he was watching TV before going to bed when he heard an intruder and grabbed his rifle.

"I heard the glass break and I looked around, and I see an arm coming through the window and I fired," the homeowner said .

He said he fired one shot, but he didn't injure the intruder.

"If I had taken the time to really draw a bead on him, I could have hit him, but I just looked in that direction and fired," he said.

He said he regrets the act of violence, but this is the third time someone has broken into his home.

"I would hate to kill anyone's son, but you've got to think if someone is willing to break into your home in the middle of the night, for whatever reason, you have to expect them to have a weapon," the homeowner said. "I hope I frightened him enough to where he won't come back here anymore."

No comments:

Post a Comment